Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Good and Simple Day

Today has been a good day for the most part, and a good representative of what Youth Ministry is to me. Tara (my co-worker) and I have been busy putting the finishing touches on our busy, busy June calendar. The end of May has been sort-of-but-not-really laid-back so far, still getting in the swing of Summer. But this will change.

Our boss Doug came up to the office and we had a pow-wow for our plans this week, when our pulpit minister John ran in, either out of breath because of the stairs or for excitement from his request. A young lady asked to start having Bible studies with him, and John asked Tara to come with him. We prayed, and they left.

I resumed working on some lesson plans, when Kolton (one of our teens) stopped by on his way to applying for a job. I asked if I could take him to lunch, forgetting that I didn't bring money with me today. He said he'd cover it this time, so we talked and he gave some really good suggestions for the ministry. He is a good man and I am proud of who he is.

I returned to the office and worked on lessons until Levi (one of our former youth group members, and now simply a brother) stopped by to look for his tape measurer. We talked and got ice cream around the corner. He left, and I am glad in my heart for the love that is in this church. I am glad to be a part of a church that I want to bring people to. That I want to serve. That I want to be a part of.

God is better to me than I deserve.

1 comment:

Cole said...

i'm glad everything is going so well, Lucas! :)