Saturday, April 4, 2009

Moments of Beauty

Lately things have been improving, albeit slowly. I visited Harding this past weekend and it did me a lot of good despite being so stressful. There are still very many people there that I love, and spending time with them was a blessing. While there, my dear friend Bethany told me that she believed that I would be getting better soon, and that slowly but surely beauty would be easier and easier to find in the world. So here are a few that I have felt.

One. Today was a beautiful sunny day that ended with me coated in sawdust. My father and I cut an entire felled tree into manageable pieces, and worked very hard. We talked about my grandfather and his father-in-law, and we talked about our old dog, Rascal. Sometimes my father feels overwhelmed by all of the "projects" around the house, and so days like today help him feel better.

Two. While at Harding, my friend Hannah asked me to play guitar for her. It was touching when I sang some songs I wrote and she knew the words better than I did.

Three. I was very nervous to be at Harding. It has been nearly a year since I graduated, and I am always afraid of being easily forgotten. In fact I did not have enough time to see everyone I love (which speaks volumes of the people there that would still care about me), and so I am returning for Spring Sing.

Four. I applied for a job in town and was delighted by a question in the accompanying personality test which asked: "Have you noticed any sudden changes in your body lately?" I wanted to explain in painful detail the wonderful process of becoming a man, but it was only a Yes/No prompt. If I get called for an interview, perhaps I will ask why hair is growing on my chest. It's a mystery!

Feel free to share some beauty you have noticed, eh?

4 comments:

Cole said...

First, I'm sad I didn't get to see you when you came to visit. Second, I'm excited to hear you are coming for Spring Sing... hopefully I can see you then? Third, the personality test question and your potential answer cracked me up. Fourth, I love that you said "eh?" at the end of this post :-)

Anonymous said...

Today was a beautiful day in Searcy. Too bad you weren't here. I miss you
Hannah.

amanda.gates said...

I'm sad that I missed you while you were here, but we are going to be coffee or smoothies or something during Spring Sing and it will be beautiful. I think it's a Harding rule that campus be beautiful to lure in unsuspecting future students. haha

Courtney said...

Yay! I hope I get to see you again for Spring Sing! Are you gonna be able to see the show?