Saturday, October 2, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes

Remember when I used to write on here? Me neither.

I am in the middle of creating and cultivating new habits to make my life more like I want it to be (thus the Bowie-referencing title, because who doesn't feel inspired to be a better man from listening to David Bowie?). And this is good.

So updates, then! For one: I am now gainfully employed by the city of Grand Junction as a 911 Dispatcher, and my training is going rather well. Also, I have moved into my own apartment and furnished it with such essentials as an 88-key keyboard and a percolator.

Also, I went home this past week to Louisville, KY and was reminded of how wonderful it is. Not quite home, but something quite like it. Its depth, its eccentricity, its history, its ongoing attempts at rebuilding and renovating, these qualities make my steps seem an echo to its heartbeat. Wishing for something more, always.

Returning to Colorado, I decided to take a trip and clear my head (but of course the opposite always results). I went to the Great Sand Dunes National Park and camped in a quickly sand-filled tent that was flattened against me throughout the night by the strong winds. It really was one of the more incredible places I've been in my life.

During my travels, I was with my family, saw old friends, and even made a couple new ones. I listened to some very moving sermons on the road, and see certain things in a new light. What more could one ask from a week and a half of traveling? (well, maybe a razor. I've kinda let that go)

Ha, I don't know if anyone would still bother to read this dumb blog, but if you do I hope I get the chance to catch up with you soon, at the very least over the phone. I think I'm gonna pick this thing back up, and see where it goes.

What an inauspicious return!

4 comments:

Tirzah said...

Your tent fell down? *giggles*
I'm glad your trip went well, and i really like that you're blogging again.
Your brain is so cool. :D

-Megan J W- said...

hey, i went camping this past weekend and the wind was ridiculous for us too....even had to leave because lack of cooking food ability

Daughter of Sarah said...

Lucas! Please do start updating again. <3 I am glad you are getting on track with things. Can't wait to hear how God is working in your life.

ps this is carie whittaker

Daughter of Sarah said...

Lucas, Glad to see you updating again! I can't wait to hear how God is working in your life. <3

ps this is carie whittaker