Monday, August 18, 2008

Rant

I am absolutely furious.

I overnighted some documents to Little Rock to get a seal that I need for visa applications. They arrived after business hours, so the online tracker said that they left a notice. I called to make sure someone was going to pick up the package to learn that the freaking State Police gave me the wrong address.

I made ten more phone calls and was directed and transferred about thirty when finally I was able to speak to a supervisor about possibly sending someone to the Post Office (one lady sounded scandalized that I would ask them to do that) to get the package, but the supervisor was out. When he called me back, my phone died.

When I called back, the lady had just left for the Post Office, and so I was unable to give her any details to find my stupid package.

The advice given to me:

"Call back tomorrow."

So maybe I'm not going to Europe. It seems that our bureaucratic clowns are almost as inept as Spain's, and apparently God doesn't want me to go over there.

I'm being facetious with that last sentence, but I am feeling very, very cross toward him right now.

No comments: