Monday, October 13, 2008

A Brief Explanation

I wrote an entry the other day without knowing that more than a mere smattering of people read this. It turned out to be a slightly substantial smattering, and so I removed what I wrote. But I did not write it with the intent of denigrating anyone. On the contrary, it was written out of a powerful and painful love.

There is not much to say that I haven't already. I miss how good things used to be. I miss talking to her on the phone while I was in Hawaii, still getting to know her, and seeing a shooting star make its path across the sky. Much later, she came to Colorado and on top of mountains we saw several shooting stars together. We walked over rivers and through botanical gardens and watched two butterflies circle overhead.

Creations sings when we are together! Nature celebrates when we are joined! Because, clearly, things are as they should be.

That is what I miss, and what I yet want.

That is all I will say of the matter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lucas Matthews, I miss you. I miss your honesty and compassion. You are a wonderful guy who deserves wonderful things. I know this may seem like a major setback, but that just means God's got something else planned for you. I hope I can get over to Spain to see you soon! And if you ever want to explore a small Italian town, Citerna is a pretty sweet place and I've got a cool hotel full of cool people for you to stay at. :)
~Jaime Walker