Friday, October 31, 2008

Lucas Rex

My friends, I have big news to share with you. I BOUGHT A CELL PHONE. I didn't even hit the caps hey there. My computer was just THAT EXCITED.

Yes, I went to the store, talked to the owner, and bought a prepaid cell phone. All in Spanish! In Spain! AND (get this) the phone has a color screen. You may not feel the full force of this announcement, but this is the first time that I have owned a phone that isn't prohibitively obsolete. When I got my last phone (which I still have), the Cingular guy went out back and unearthed a time capsule to retrieve the apparatus. With it were some buttons for Eisenhower. So, take that for what it is worth. But this one came in a box. One with no dirt on it. I walked home feeling triumphant.

Oh, and I get text messages now. My last phone actually sent messages via cuneiform on clay tablets, so this is a step up indeed.

More good things: with a phone, comes a phone number. With a phone number, I can advertise my private lessons and get some more bank. And travel more, and buy pearls and such.

Included is a picture of my phone. And a burgeoning beard.

5 comments:

Mary said...

CUNEIFORM?!
I can't remember the last time I said that word. But I pretty much screamed it when I read it..laughing so loudly.
I'm glad you leave the country and THEN get a decent cell phone.
Typical.
Haha :)

Cole said...

Congrats on the new phone! I chuckled at your description of your old one :P

Tirzah said...

*laughs*
Oh my goodness!
Lucas Matthews with a color phone??
I'm so excited for you!
Am I allowed to text you?
Or are international texts absurdly expensive?

Tirzah said...

*pause*
...I didn't know they stored old cell phone parts in time capsules! Or... or... you're not serious, right?

courtney said...

pearls, i bought the most amazing pearls in Spain....*sigh*

o thats right this post was about your cell phone...congrats!

pearls......