Sunday, October 28, 2007

Taking Steps Forward

I just emailed a lady from Teach Kentucky, which is a lovely program which lets people teach high school courses while TAKING courses toward getting their Master's Degree. It's a busy two-year program, but it would take me home.

I miss home.

I am nervous, because the program usually works in concert with graduates of VERY prestigious universities, like Harvard and Yale. I chose a lady from the University of Louisville to write my questions to, not the people listed from Yale. Although I am confident that my grammar and mechanics were impressively pristine, I worried that they would look down on me for going to school in Arkansas. Heck, I do.

I did not say "heck" in my email.

What I want: to be accepted in the program, to go home, to teach, and to serve. Oh, I can't think of anything I want to do with my life more. I can't think of a better use of this life I've been given.

I can't think of much that frightens me more than this not working out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How I wish I had your clarity! and if you really think about it, it's just high schoolers. psh. Been there. Done that. Can teach it. Obviously. You're a shew in.

-Megan J W- said...

that sounds like an intense, but good program to be in. and i will pray for you friend; that this works out for you, because it sounds like a great plan, and if it makes you happy, even better!

Anonymous said...

Hey friend, I am at work and I just checked my xanga for the first time in like a year, and I was trying to find anyone who had posted something in the last few months... come to find out, I think you are the only one, and I can't even send you a message on it because you couldn't read it! I didnt even know Harding blocked it... how stupid. I like you.
Love, Sara

Anonymous said...

Friend,

Nothing frightens me more than these future plans not working out for you as well.

I hope nothing but the best for you.

...Just so you know.

Yours