Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Taj Mahal Morgan


Last night we met at the church building for a small, informal, and topical Bible study. These nights (we call the meeting "Outcasts") have proven to be some of our greatest successes as a group in the past. One night we studied two chapters of Hosea for two hours. Another, we looked at 2 Kings and the group was laughing, wondering, suggesting, wrestling with the passage. They were interested and wanted to know what it means.

Last night was a minor success. I'll call it a moral victory, as we discussed deep questions of the ethics of being a Christian and in the military, then expanding that to all of us having the duty to love our enemies. But the true joy was at the beginning, when Kyle Morgan came up to me and informed me of his recent revelation.

"So, so, so, I found out that I'm like 55% Egyptian."

"What?"

"Yeah. Apparently, my great-great-grandfather's name was like Taj Mahal Morgan."

"Oh?"

"Yeah. I looked at an Egyptian Horoscope and it said that my name Morgan was Egyptian."

"Doesn't it sound Irish?"

"Yeah, but they all came from Egypt."

He then proceeded to do the Egyptian walk around the kitchen, and I couldn't breathe.

Oh, Kyle.

My life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats pretty fun :)