Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Honesty

Okay, so this might get ugly. Stop reading now.

I am very, very lonely. More than usual, recently.

If you look at Facebook, you'd get the impression that I am a popular guy. People call me "Mr Popular" and it irritates the crap out of me. They say that I have friends to spare.

Well, they're pretty lousy friends, for the most part.

I remember Freshman year, when I was heartbroken over a girl that I was in love with. I needed to talk, and a friend volunteered to listen. . .while doing a Spanish quiz online. So I poured out my guts and wondered if I should perhaps try to cry a little bit to get more attention than her sporadic glances over and slight head nods. At the end, I felt as if I had not said a word. I felt like a man crying in the woods with no one around, and it made no sound. Okay, that was a stupid analogy. Forget it.

But that is how I feel right now. I hurt inside, and most people don't care. They say stupid things and tell me not to be sad. "Don't be sad" is the stupidest thing to ever say to a sad person.

And on top of it all, I am trying! I am calling people! A select few, at least. But they never pick up! Or call me back. Or care. Is that really so much to ask?

People say I have friends to spare, but it feels more like I have a lot of spare friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

6023390127.
I don't think you called me, but you can if you want.

-Megan J W- said...

:-( i wish i could have been there yesterday to go to midnight oil with you.
i hope you know that you can always call me and i will do my best to give you good company

Anonymous said...

I wish I could call you right now, but I'm on another continent ... I'll be in Searcy Nov. 29-Dec. 8(ish). I know that's dead week for you, but I'd love to see you.

Anonymous said...

I love you Lucas.