Thursday, November 8, 2007

The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease

Today was quite different.

I am feeling a bit better, to be honest.

I was very sad when I woke up and went about my day. I went to the cafeteria and drank coffee and some friends talked to me. Then I left and a friend that I don't know terribly well but love terribly dearly told me that she had seen me from far off and was concerned. It is nice to have someone genuinely care that you are sad. And while telling me about the clinicals she was about to attend to, treating two elderly women with many health problems including Alzheimer's, Elizabeth told me that she would pray for me.

What a beautiful person she is. Even in the middle of a stressful situation, even when worrying that her patients would die under her watch, she would pray for me.

Then Alia, who knows just how wicked I can be and am, hugged me and told me that it hurt to see sadness in my eyes.

Then Mary, who has let me cry like a child on her shoulder before, hugged me and let me cry again.

Then a man who suggested a Grad School for me to go to, Mark Parker, asked what I needed him to pray for. He said, "God bless you" as I left, but he was the blessing he wished for me.

Then I went to a Shantih function with a dear friend, Alicia, and met many of her friends that are now my own, and we all had a wonderful time together.

I am amazed, in short. That anyone could love me at all, much less so many people so dearly. That I have such beautiful people in my life in general. That God would go out of his way to prove me wrong yet again. That I don't mind being wrong. That God would let me complain so much, and answer me. Just like with Jeremiah.

Truly, truly, I am unworthy.

Thank you for your concern, friends. I love you.

2 comments:

-Megan J W- said...

sven...oh man, how embarrassing would that have been if you actually typed that...lol j/k

and also, did you know that i heart you? cause that is a true statement. and i am glad that you had a better day :-)

of course i will teach you tha (and yes i meant to say tha) souljah boy dance when i get back. its a pretty awesome dance if i do say so myself...and the little girls who taught it too us were too fun :-D

courtney said...

take megans advice and crank that soulja boy!

also, i like your new blog, i have one too...i think you can find it easily enough from here!

lastly i just wanted to say that since the day i met you, your presence has brightened my life and that is why i love you!