Monday, July 14, 2008

Is Lucas the Next Kasey Kasem?

The answer, my friends, is "possibly."

I hosted a radio show with a friend from church on Sunday morning. We played gospel, bluegrass, and contemporary Christian music that doesn't suck for three hours, with small ad spots interspersed throughout. Also, I shared a sermon that I delivered last Sunday night.

So, needless to say, I am on the fast track to stardom. Even though the show was 6-9 AM on Sunday morning, it's safe to assume that at least several million people were listening intently. I'm expecting job offers/pleas to be coming in the mail any day now.

But seriously, it was a fun experience and something that I've always wanted to do. It almost - almost - made up for the fact that getting up so early made me oversleep and miss the evening service that I was supposed to help put on later that day.

But c'est la vie, right?

And my triumph for today was biking 34 aggregate miles (the last 25 were in one sitting) and then eating a large sandwich. I can't decide which of the two I liked better.

So, like I told my teens at church, I will probably still talk to some of you when I am rich and famous.

You're welcome.

No comments: