Sunday, January 11, 2009

A Lesson Learned

Next time when I do laundry, I will check the weather forecast for the night's low temperature.

Spaniards don't believe in "dryers" and so we hang up our laundry on clotheslines. This can prove to be an issue in January.

Below is a picture of my frozen jeans, leaned against the wall to display all of the glory:
You should have heard me giggle. I ran back outside to grab a t-shirt to balance on top, but I returned just in time to see my pants crumple on the floor. What a pity!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh so hard!! Or... "giggle"

I shared your story with my friends.

nancy said...

Hi Lucas! I'm Claire's mom.
Actually, I've been told this is how people in places like North Dakota used to dry their clothes in winter. First hang them on the line, then wait for them to freeze. This pulls most of the moisture to the surface. Then you take a broom stick and knock all the ice off. Now you have almost dry clothes!
Hope to meet you soon!

Cole said...

Haha how entertaining!

And thanks for the comment on my blog.. don't worry I got the joke and didn't think it was dark. Matt's injury turned out to be a sprained shoulder and today is supposed to be the last day he's in the sling so he's doing ok.