Monday, December 15, 2008

Posted Song Number Five

Here is a cover of a Derek Webb tune, which I remember playing one morning in Little Rock (but I try not to think about that).

Please tell me your thoughts on this song. Specifically, I have questions about one issue. I have never, ever in my life liked my voice. I can follow notes, but I don't like the way I sound. My best friend tells me that it is a good voice, as do some others, but I have trouble believing complements. So this is not fishing for them, as I wouldn't believe you anyway. But please share your opinion. Even if it is that my voice is jarring, but appreciable in a Neil Young sort of way.

I don't know if I will be posting songs over break. Will people still be reading this? Let me know that, too, please.

Thank you for your help. I am grateful, in truth. Thank you.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

thank you for the prayers, they are much appreciated!
I will indeed be reading over break. Reading and posting....thats all I can do with the awkwardly placed days that HU has given us...
also, i like your voice! i also know its hard to believe compliments and like what you hear in your head but its good. Trust me :)

Unknown said...

Lucas Matthews!
As always I love your song. Your voice makes me happy.
I'll probably be keeping up with your blog over break...also, let's talk soon.
I love you.

yblehs said...

i really really like the cover you did of that neil young song. i thought your voice was really nice, and you can ask hannah, i told her i didn't think i had ever heard you sing before, and that i thought you had a nice voice.

i like the original song with vocals you posted as well.

i like this song less than the other two you've posted with vocals. but that doesn't mean i think it is bad. and i don't.

in other words
if i want to hear the harvest song, i'll listen to lucas matthews, and not neil young

if i want to hear i hate everything (but you) i'll probably listen to derek webb.

Cole said...

Another good one, Lucas. You probably won't believe me but I do like your voice and am impressed with your talent both vocally and on the guitar. Keep them coming. I WILL be reading this over break! Take care!
-Coco