Tuesday, December 23, 2008

A Quick Note

This is a brief note to mention something that I may not have before. I am going to London on Friday. Has this been said? Even my best friend didn't know until yesterday. But that is where I will be, and I may be posting a bit from there when I get some free time.

I am surprisingly not as bummed as I was about not spending Christmas at home. Make no mistake, there is nowhere I would rather be right now than shoveling the drive with my Dad and listening to Sufjan Stevens's Christmas music with my Mom. But today I received a package from them that made me feel not-so-far-away, for a change.

I have the best parents in the world, it is worth mentioning.

Tomorrow I am off to the town of Socuellamos to spend Christmas with Sha'lon and Claire, and then we fly out of Madrid together the next day.

Aaand I just got a call, with an invitation to go to the local theater and see a concert. So I'm off! Until next time!

4 comments:

Cole said...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from Canada! Hope you enjoy your travels :)

maggie said...

have fun in london my dear! i miss you and merry christmas!

Anonymous said...

what was in the package?
-K

Anonymous said...

Hey Lucas,
Ann and I are thinking of you on this christmas day and we wish you happiness, wonders, freedom and love...and anything else good that comes from the throne room of heaven!! we love you and hope all is well. London, Uh? as in England? I guess there is no such place as El Londonio, Spain?
blessings,
Doug and Ann in Snowy CO.
P.S. do you still use your munky email?