Saturday, March 1, 2008

Leavin' on a Jet Plane

Here's something you probably don't know about me: on the night before a trip, a big change, or something similar. . .I can't sleep. I am not nervous or antsy; perhaps restless. But I just can't go to sleep.

Example: right now. I leave for Little Rock to catch my first flight (of two) in six hours. And I am currently burning CDs onto my teensy mp3 player. And packing insanely slowly. And daydreaming. Can one daydream at night?

I am about to go somewhere that I was sure I would never get the chance to visit. Oh, and I will see such things! To witness such beauty! Such creativity in Creation! Oh, I can hardly wait.

And so I am awake. My body is weak from this past seven days. I have done much and rested little and felt awful. If my head were to reach my pillow, it would suddenly be seven and we would be on our way. If I just slept, this would all be so much easier!

But instead I think. And wonder which music would become even more significant to me if I heard it in the middle of this new experience. And wonder why I am not in bed.

Oh, I hope there are good stories to return with for you.

1 comment:

-Megan J W- said...

GO TO BED!!!

;-) i am the same way

oh, i just hope you have the best time ever on your spring break trip! you guys are going to do great things and have a great time in a beautiful state!