Sunday, February 24, 2008

An Apology, or "What's the opposite of closure?"

Just kidding about the second half of the title.

I am apologizing because I was in error. As I have written, I thought that my friend, Meghan, did not want to be friends with me anymore due to a perceived lack of interest, care, and effort. Then we talked and it seemed quite clear that she didn't want anything to do with me, but that was because I had hurt her by my assumption that she didn't care.

I realized that I do not do a very good job of expressing myself. I am not a very good writer, and I rarely make my intentions as clear as I pretend to know them. So here is some clarification.

Never ever did I write a post mentioning Meghan to slander her or to harm her reputation or to harm her own feelings. I didn't think that she would ever read this (not an excuse, a simple statement). And when I mention her, it is simply because I write what I think, and I often think of her. She was an enormous part of my life for almost a year, and we shared a lot in that time. I have lived in Louisville for 22 years, but after dating her for less than one everything reminds me of her. And so I think of her.

When I wrote of our troubles in the past, I never wanted pity (nor did I receive it, I believe) or to complain about a horrible person (which she isn't). Simply put, I wanted more because she is still such a valuable person. Especially to me. And when I did not get more from our limited friendship, such a far cry from what we once were, I was hurt.

Please don't think ill of her, despite my oft-skewed and unclear intentions. I was merely trying to share my thoughts in the rare instances where I can make sense of them.

Meghan and I are friends now, and we will continue to be friends. This is more than I deserve from anyone, much less this from beautiful person that I've hurt. Hopefully this clears things up. Or makes me look like a fool. The latter wouldn't be anything new, to be sure.

Also, I just found out that I offended my friend Jessie (whom I miss terribly, if you are reading this) with my talk long ago of Soka Gakkai Buddhism. I think no ill of Buddhism, nor of any followers of it, its branches and variations, or proponents of any religion. I never wanted to be waving the flag for high-and-mighty Christendom, thanking God that I am not "one of those pagan sinners." I am a sinner and a horrible person and am incapable of passing accurate judgment on anyone's heart. But that doesn't always stop me, and I am sorry.

I hope this doesn't sound ironically pathetic or just sarcastic, but I really would like to know when I offend anyone that reads this, or when I am simply wrong. Perhaps my poor communicative skills are failing me once more, and we can resolve this. Or perhaps I need to change, and I would welcome the needed improvement.

This may seem worthless to most of you. I'll write about farts or something tomorrow.

7 comments:

Courtney said...

sincerity is never worthless

Anonymous said...

oh, i look forward to farts.
not that this was worthless, but when you have to compare the two...

Anonymous said...

I can seem to get ringtones to work through the store, so is the anyway for me to hack my own songs not purchased through the itunes store and add them to my iphone? (step by step instructions would be much appreciated) Thanks
[url=http://forexrobot-review.info]best forex software[/url] [url=http://www.hppforums.com/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=35228]unlock iphone[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi I'd like to congratulate you for such a terrific made forum!
Was thinking this is a perfect way to make my first post!

Sincerely,
Monte Phil
if you're ever bored check out my site!
[url=http://www.partyopedia.com/articles/monster-truck-party-supplies.html]monster truck Party Supplies[/url].

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Hello I'd love to congratulate you for such a terrific quality forum!
I was sure this is a perfect way to make my first post!
The best way establish property it is usually a sensible belief to begin a savings or investing procedure as soon in life as possible. But don't fear if you have not begun saving your money until later on in life. Through hard work, that is analyzing the best investment vehicles for your assets you can slowly but surely increase your wealth so that it numbers to a large amount by the time you want to retire. Inspect all of the applicable asset classes from stocks to real estate as investments for your money. A knowledgeable and diversified portfolio of investments in a wide range of asset classes will make your money enlarge throughout the years.

-Christian Sokolowski
[url=http://urwealthy.com]currency conversion [/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello. My wife and I bought our house about 6 months ago. It was a foreclosure and we were able to get a great deal on it. We also took advantage of the 8K tax credit so that definitely helped. We did an extensive remodeling job and now I want to refinance to cut the term to a 20 or 15 year loan. Does anyone know any good sites for mortgage information? Thanks!

Mike