Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Another Day

Today's classes were wild. One of them was my first time with the oldest group of students here. It was. . .awkward? The females quickly asked a succession of questions that typically are more spread out in conversation. "How old are you?" ("very young," they responded to my answer) "Do you have a girlfriend?" "Where do you live?" As I tried to decide between honesty and self-preservation, one girl nodded and said, "Yes, this is very important."

I cringed when the teacher announced that I offer private lessons, and that my phone number is on a flier in the main foyer. Then they asked to take a picture of me after class, which I declined. They asked if I prefer Spanish or American women but the bell rang, no doubt by the hand of God.

All this even after I grow a beard.

Thank you all for your comments about the song I posted. I will post another soon. The first was mainly to see if this set-up works, which it does. I will probably post a cover song, as I am working on my own and haven't set a deadline yet. Maybe one original song every two weeks? What do you think? I may put some covers up here and there, too, to try out different styles/ranges/etc. Requests are welcome.

My best friend told me that I am not easy to cast away. That I am not easy to forget, or easy to leave. In light of recent events, though, this couldn't seem farther from the truth. Could I have simply deceived everyone I know?

6 comments:

emily said...

Women's chapel = split men's/women's chapel a couple of times a semester.

Lucas Matthews, God made you wonderful. Don't let that jerkface Satan tell you otherwise.

Anonymous said...

You are not easy to forget.
I, for one, will never forget you.
I wish there were a way to make you feel that.

And I am not surprised to find out there are questions of what kind of woman you like over there. You should go for the beautiful, dark Spanish type. You might find yourself a real senorita bonita!

-Megan J W- said...

"Lucas Matthews, God made you wonderful. Don't let that jerkface Satan tell you otherwise."

im going to quote your friend emily...only because she said it so eloquently :-)
but really she is right

you did not deceive anyone. once you touch a heart you will always be there

courtney said...

theres a reason i still remember the first time i met you! you are a great person Lucas, and i suppose we as your friends -who aren't planning on forgetting you anytime soon- are to blame for not telling you so more often! so sorry

you are wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

you're my friend whether you like it or not, bubs.

Cole said...

Just b/c you're in Spain doesn't mean we've forgotten about you over here. Hang in there my friend! And take the young girl's questions as compliments ;)