Thursday, November 27, 2008

"Looking Forward to Loving You" and Giving Thanks, all in Mp3

First, here is a new and original song. I am very nervous to share it. It is longer than most things I write, but it is a story-song and thus merits it. I hope.

Today is Thanksgiving and I would love to be in the United States. But here are some things I am thankful for:

-Talking to my mother, father, and grandmother on Skype today.
-Having such a loving and beautiful family.
-Talking to Hannah on it, as well
-Having the Bible in English.
-Claire, Kristin, and Sha'lon.
-Getting to see Greg (one of my best friends since High School) and Marie tomorrow in Toledo.
-My students applauding me today after a very fun class
-Receiving a package from the United States with gifts from Shelby, Hannah, Jared, and others (one of the nicest things anyone has ever done for me, and the hardest I've laughed in a while)
-Redemption.

I hope you all are with loved ones today. If you read this, chances are that I love you, and I am thankful for you.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucas, I love you so much!
I'm glad you liked the package.
I will talk to you again soon.
Hannah.

Courtney said...

I know how thanksgivings away from the states can be so i hope that yours went ok! and thank you for the gift of your song!

Anonymous said...

You are very talented. I have really enjoyed your songs. Keep on writing and playing.
Happy Thanksgiving...we missed you.
Love, your sister

Cole said...

Sounds good. Keep 'em coming! I hope you had a good Thanksgiving on the other side of the world. Take care my friend :)

emily said...

I'm listening to your song right now. :) I love the sound of it--the only suggestion I'd give is that I'm having trouble hearing the vocals over the guitar. Other than that, though, lovely.

I hope your Thanksgiving went well. I think that was one of the hardest things about studying abroad last year, being away from family at Thanksgiving.

Lots of love from Texas.

maggie said...

i love it lucas! :) i want to hear more....NOW!


i miss you like whoa.

Flor Ramos Skidmore said...

that is a beautiful song! i love it! and I've completely been there before! Its really good my dear! You are really talented!