Monday, November 24, 2008

Hello Mudda, Hello Fadda, Here I am at Camp Granada, or "Worst Post Title Ever"

It is Thanksgiving break back home, so I doubt many people are reading this. That is fine, as I haven't much to say.

This weekend I went to Granada, in Andalucia. It was beautiful and smelled like Kentucky at times and looked like heaven. I walked much, ran some, saw lovely things and felt romantic feelings in my heart. The Alhambra had roses and oranges and pomegranates and a setting sun behind it. The paths were lined on either side with gentle but constantly flowing rivulets, turning trees, and golden leaves gliding to rest.

More importantly, I made a decision. A decision that is good - and good for me, for a change. It is hard, but the die is cast. The Rubicon has been crossed. Well, just insert whatever trite, overdramatic expression you want. And it's that.

No one pays for what they get for free. And no one will respect what they can take advantage of. So no more.

Here are two pictures from my trip, before editing.


And:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like a nice weekend! I wish I could have been there. I miss you.
-Hannah O.

Courtney said...

pretty pictures!
and thanksgiving break gives me time to check blogs CONSTANTLY. its a bad habit that i don't plan on breaking soon
desicions are nice to make, when they are for you and build you up in the long run (for good) i hope thats what yours was!

Anonymous said...

Lucas, I wish you a warm enabsentia (is that one word?)Thanksgiving! Wish you could be at our table.
love in our Lord,
Doug CO

-Megan J W- said...

pretty pictures!! you are so talented with that camera mr. lucas matthews :-)

and i love that song!!! NOT the worst post title ever!