Thursday, November 20, 2008

Facing Fears and Shedding Tears, or Posted Test Song Number 2, in Mp3

Well, I haven't actually cried over posting this song. So that was a lie. (shame-faced) But here is another song, this time with guitar AND vocals. This is "Harvest" by my hero Neil Young, and you will probably hear more of his stuff on here in the future.

Let me know what you think, and thank you for having done so in the past already. It really does mean a lot to me.

And on a side note (but a very important note) a cell phone just went off here in the Teachers' Lounge and Irene unabashedly took her time in viewing who was calling, adjusting it in her hand, and finally answering it after some time. This was impressive, as the ring tone was "Take On Me" by A-Ha. Most people would jump to answer and hide that, but her anti-haste made me glad.

I hope you enjoy the song.

7 comments:

Mary said...

I've heard you sing this before...but you still sound amazing.

Courtney said...

twas wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I am not sure what "you sound great!" and "You have a certain Bob Dylan quality in your voice!" mean coming from one (me) with absolutely no musical inlcination or sense. But both are compliments. Nicely done Lucas!
doug in CO

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lucas! I've been reading your blog for a while but have yet to come up with anything worth saying... But on this post I have a comment/constructive criticism as you requested; You sound good, when I can hear you. By this I mean the balance between you and your (spectacular sounding) guitar is in favor of the guitar. After tweaking the equalizer I can hear your voice enough to make out the words of the song but then it doesn't sound right. So If your recording equipment allows, up the volume of your voice. Other then that, I've listened to you singing this song six times now. So it can't be that bad. :)

Still praying for you
~Joshua Vorse

Cole said...

Nice work my friend! I like it. I even saved it to my comp to listen to later. Can I have your autograph when you make it big? ;)

Anonymous said...

Lucas, I love it...and you. But you already knew that. :)
-Hannah

Anonymous said...

Very nice! Keep them coming, friend!