Tuesday, November 11, 2008

An Idea, and Begging

I went to Madrid yesterday in a hectic day trip after work. The bus ride was long and hot and smelly, just like always. I did some walking and talking and found a decent price on a trustworthy brand, and now I have a guitar. I am very, very relieved to have a guitar.

So now, my idea. I don't normally beg for comments or anything, but I really would like your input on this. Since I have many songs begun but yet unfinished, I would like to end that and get in the habit of writing with deadlines. With my finished and unpolished demo tracks, I would like to share them so you can listen to them and give me some feedback (as in, what you like, what is awful, what reminds you of a song already written, what a certian song needs, stupid lyrics, decent lyrics, Etc).

Options: I am thinking about putting them on purevolume, or posting them on my blog with a link to where you can download the track. Which would you do? Would you prefer to listen to them online, or download them and take them with you? The only thing is that I REALLY WANT FEEDBACK. Will you do this?

If you have read this post, please tell me! Even if you say "I will not listen to anything and I will not post comments," just let me know. Thanks.

9 comments:

Brooklynne said...

I'd prefer to be able to download them, personally. I rarely have time to just sit down and listen to a song, so if I could listen to it on my way to work/school, you've got a better chance of me listening, as well as a better chance of getting feedback.

Courtney said...

either way for me! i will give you feedback, lets just hope it makes sense :)

emily said...

I'd be more likely to listen to something online than to download it, but either way. I don't know how useful my comments would be on anything except lyrics.

Anonymous said...

Both!

Anonymous said...

I would certainly listen to them online and give you feedback. I'm interested to see what your songs would be like. I mean, you've sung to me before, but it's never really been this official. :-)

-Megan J W- said...

if you post them i will listen!! and would love to hear them! sooo yeah. you should post them on here and let us download them, because thats probably the place i would remember to look more often :-D

and i will leave lots of great comments :-)

Anonymous said...

I would listen and give you feedback.

-Emily Foerster

notevenahint57 said...

I read your blog! i'll comment

Cole said...

I'd listen either way. I'm excited to hear them :)