Thursday, February 14, 2008

An Awkward Moment

I would like to share with you what happened. I was sitting at the desk at the library, waiting for anyone to come and ask questions on where to find the copier, etc., when my friend Ryan came up.

Me: "Hey, man!"

R: "Hey, what's up? Oh, just so you know, we're registered at Men's Wearhouse."

(I give him a blank stare)

R: Me and Katherine.

(blank stare continues, eyes open a bit wider)

R: You did know that you're an usher, right? Katherine asked you.

Me: Uh. . .no?

R: Oh.

Me: . . .

(a few moments later, Ryan walks back up while flipping his phone shut)

R: Yeah, she says she asked you.

Me: Oh. . .

ANYHOO this all get settled with the decision that I probably forgot somehow, or Katherine perhaps just thought she asked although that seems less likely although it already is very unlikely that I would forget something like this. And while Ryan and I were talking, I kind of forgot to try to make it not awkward because I got a little lost in how honored I am to be a part of their wedding. I mean, this is a special day! And I am no special person. How gracious of them.

Oh, what a beautiful couple they are. It's one of the few relationships that didn't make me cringe when I found out they got engaged.

Anyhoo, this may not be as funny as it was at the time (or it might just not be funny at all) but I wanted to share.

3 comments:

-Megan J W- said...

i'd say this was laugh honorable
i chuckled ;-)

yay for marriage and you ushering

Anonymous said...

hahahaha = this was funny
Oh, Lucas...

Anonymous said...

ROFL at the comment you made about it being one of the few engagements that didn't make you cringe. I can relate! We are twinsies. I ♥ u! :)
--Julie E.