Friday, February 22, 2008

Praise the Lord!

There is no reason that I should be so awake and so enthused at 2:30 in the morning. . .no, that is a lie. There are many reasons.

First: two very dear friends have already contacted me regarding my last post, and it was very sweet that they knew to be happy for this development. I have such good friends. Oh, I do.

Second: I am going to Missouri tomorrow to be with some of these wonderful friends! We will eat cake! And hug! Oh, I can't wait!

Third: I just finished reading my assignment in a book for Youth Ministry, and I get so fired up reading about how God has worked in and through churches. I cannot wait to return to Colorado and see how God is going to change things. I have very high hopes for this summer.

Finally: I am listening to "Love Liberty Disco," easily my favorite Newsboys album. It is the first Christian CD I got, which I received for being named "Camper of the Week" the same week that I was baptized, the summer before High School. It brings back so many good memories and feelings of hope, feelings of wonder at this new and fresh faith! Oh, to be made new! Oh, to be born again!

Hahaha! My heart is literally swelling right now, thinking of all this! What joy I feel! What a ridiculous post! I will end this now with some beautiful lyrics I just heard:

He doesn't love us 'cause of who we are!
He only loves us 'cause of who He is!

2 comments:

-Megan J W- said...

newsboys! i like them

....

...haha...i leave the most pointless comments...

Anonymous said...

I love that Newsboys album, too!! :D
--Julie E.