Friday, February 8, 2008

There is hope!

My friends, I sounded pretty grim in my last post. And deservedly so. I always feel so weighted down by the end of taking prayer requests in class, because there are so many sick in so many ways.

But there is hope! But there is hope!

My friend Mary told me that her mother found out that she does not have cancer.

I don't understand prayer. I don't understand how God decides whom he will restore and whom he will let decay. But there is hope.

"Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all you who remain of the house of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth! Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you! I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you!"

Oh, to be rescued! Oh, to be like thee!

2 comments:

-Megan J W- said...

:-)
well thats really good news about your friends mom

your great lucas matthews, i heart you friend

Anonymous said...

lucas, i like your blog. it's nice to know you well, but you seem to reveal even more things i wouldn't know about you here.

it's fun to read.