Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Yes, I still Love Photography

Feel free to sing the title of this post along with that "Technology" song from Napoleon Dynamite.

I forgot to mention one of the nicest moments from yesterday. Ms. Shirley awkwardly stood and smiled at me so I could take her pictures, and then nervously asked me if they were alright.

"Oh, sure. They're fine," I answered.

"Am I ugly?"

". . ."

She asked in earnest, and I was taken aback. The mere fact that she would ask a stranger this seemed significant, like she wouldn't know how to answer the question herself. Perhaps she was simply deferring judgment to one with a more finely tuned aesthetic sense. After all, I had an expensive camera around my neck.

I assured her that she was in fact not ugly. I told her the truth and said she was lovely. And then she left.

3 comments:

Kaitlin Shetler said...

Yay for your finely tuned aesthetic sense...and still keeping your camera around your neck. What do you do with all of these cool pictures you take?

Anonymous said...

Lucas, I love your stories.
You have such a way with words.
Good for you. Cheerio.
Never stop writing.

Anonymous said...

:) hooray!
shirley takes the cake!