Saturday, February 16, 2008

Scary Dream

I just woke up a little bit ago from the first scary dream in recent memory. And I just about never have dreams that relate to current events, so this was even worse.

It was today, and I decided to go with my sister to get a haircut back home in Louisville. The girl who did her hair was (in real life) our waitress from IHOP a couple of days ago, but in my dream I was in love with her, thinking her to be someone else. The girl asked if she could do my hair, too, so I let her give me a trim.

When we got in the car, I noticed that it was 8:30 PM, and I started to freak out, believing that I was late for the play tonight. Then I relaxed, remembering that the play started at 9. Then I freaked out, because I remembered that it started at 7. Then I super-freaked out, because whatEVER time it started we were supposed to be at the auditorium at 5:30.

I suppose that the play was taking place in Louisville, because I was significantly LESS worried about the eight hour trip back to Arkansas. I called Amanda, the director, and she seemed almost flippantly unconcerned. I was confused and angry.

Then I woke up and it was noon. So I've got a few hours to spare.

Close call!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I, personally, am glad this was just a dream for you because the show would not be the same without you. You've done exceedingly well with your performance! Cheers to you!

-Megan J W- said...

haha. that would be a scary dream indeed. just completely missing a performance!! ahh! i think i would have wet myself. haha, or something like that. glad it was just a dream. because if you werent in the play tonight when i came to see it, i would be very upset.

Cole said...

I'm glad it was just a dream! You did a fantastic job, Lucas! I loved the performance and was super excited that I knew someone in it :)

Kaitlin Shetler said...

That Ihop girl is following you. First the Underground, now your dreams. Maybe it's a sign. ;)